Tuesday, July 1, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


50 Things that make me happy

On to next 5…

15.  Friday 6/27 – My mom and youngest sister Laura came into Columbus for the weekend (and my dad arrived later this evening).  The three of us plus Anissa and Maddy went to BJ’s Brewhouse for dinner and just pigged out (and were later joined by Carolyn and Michael).  We got the super huge appetizer platter plus the corn fritters appetizer.  I indulged in some brews, followed by deep dish pizza.  It was gluttonous and delicious, and we had a great time just shooting the shit.

14. Saturday 6/28 – Almost every year my dad and I play in a golf scramble in Cleveland to raise money for a charity in honor of a deceased friend and former colleague of his.  It’s been a couple years since I’ve been and boy did I have a good time today.  I love the outing because the competition isn’t super intense; it’s just fun!  This year my younger sisters Amy and Laura joined our foursome and it was a lot of fun playing with them and my dad.

13.  Sunday 6/29 – My parents stayed at our house this weekend, and we all got up around 9am today.  We bummed around a little bit, and then kicked ourselves into high gear around 10am.  My mom helped us make some great landscaping changes that we’ve been wanting to do (mind you, she also stripped and cleaned our deck BY HERSELF on Saturday – thanks mom!).  We then piled in the car for 12:15pm mass at St. Paul.  A good morning I’d say – productive AND relaxing!

12.  Monday 6/30 – I had a new analyst start on my team today.  When I was an auditor for KPMG I really enjoyed onboarding new staff – I loved the teaching and mentoring part of my job.  This was my first taste of it at Victoria’s Secret and I have really enjoyed getting the new guy up to speed.  I can tell he’s going to do very well in our group.

11.  Tuesday 7/1 – Anissa and I have been having some troubles with our lawn mower (among other things – check out her blog about it here: http://sciatosrunningrecord.blogspot.com/).  We went to Lowe’s last night in a bit of panic as our lawn has become unsightly, at best.  You see, what happened was that yesterday we went to the gym and on the way called Lowe’s maintenance.  By the time we were parked at the gym, we were convinced we needed to go to Lowe’s right away and just fix the damn mower.  So we went in our work out clothes and just skipped the gym.  Regardless of how gross you think it is, we both wore the same workout clothes to the gym this evening because they were still clean.  Our next stop after the gym today?  Lowe’s, again.  To pick up more shit to try and fix our mower.  And yes, we saw the same guy we chatted with the day before.  And yes we were wearing the same damn clothes he saw us in the day before.  But you know what?  We both got a kick out of it.  There we were, pretending like there’s nothing weird about wearing the same clothes 2 days in a row, or the fact that we couldn’t solve our problem the first time into the store.  Cheers to laughing it off!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment