Friday, July 11, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


50 Things that make me happy

This is it – the final 5!!!

5.  Monday 7/7 – Today I am happy for go-with-the-flow people, especially at work.  Most of you reading this probably know that I am not very go-with-the-flow.  I hate playing things by ear, I love to plan and be prepared.  Well we all knew today would be a manic day at work, with tons of stuff due and things having to go perfectly just to get it done.  Things did not go perfectly.  But everyone’s attitude stayed positive and it reminded me how much of a difference that can make, especially on a day like today.

4. Tuesday 7/8 – On the drive home from work today I saw a company (I think it was Safe Auto) flying a HUGE American flag.  There are a few select places on I-270 that have giant flags, and it just makes me smile when I see them.  Today in particular, the sky was bright blue with cotton-white clouds, and the red, white and blue just popped against that backdrop.

3.  Wednesday 7/9 – Today Anissa and I hit the moment in wedding planning where we actually felt close to completion.  The wheels are in motion and we are so relieved that it’s all coming together.  We went out to eat without even worrying about getting any tasks done.  It’s been months since we’ve been able to do that!

2.  Thursday 7/10 – Today has been fun – left work early and don’t return for 18 days!  Both the Casciato and Kent parents made it in town (and so did my little sister Laura who is just following my mom everywhere she goes – seriously, get a life Laura, you’re 24).  We were able to relax in the early afternoon and then get in some quality time with our families. 

1.  Friday 7/11 – So here we are, the end of my 50 days of happy.  And I am so happy because today we officially kick off our wedding events.  Everyone gets in town, we have the rehearsal followed by dinner, and then we get married tomorrow.  And I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment