Thursday, June 26, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


50 Things that make me happy

On to next 5…

20.  Sunday 6/22 – A few days prior to today, our washer unexpectedly died.  This happened on a Thursday night before going out of town over the weekend.  When we got back this evening, my sister Carolyn and her boyfriend Michael were nice enough to let us crash their evening and do some laundry at their house.  It was such a huge relief to be able to get some much-needed laundry done before our new washer arrived – the week would have been a little rough otherwise!  Plus, it was great just to hang out at their place and catch up.

19. Monday 6/23 – As I mentioned above, we were out of town all weekend.  With the washer fiasco, we just didn’t have time to get to the grocery store and set ourselves up for the week.  Lucky me – Anissa is off work and was able to get our shopping done Monday during the day.  I came home and she had gotten fresh produce, chicken, cereal, everything we needed for the week.  It put a big smile on my face when I got home and saw it.

18.  Tuesday 6/24 – We have had some unsettled weather this week.  Today we had some really heavy rain and thunderstorms.  I got caught driving home in some of it.  Sure, it was a little scary.  But everyone actually slowed down and was behaving well on the roads.  The whole time I kept thinking how incredible the rain was.  I still am not sure why, but extreme weather is so cool to me.  Sure enough it rained and rained and rained all night.  There’s nothing quite like the sound of rain on the roof to lull you to sleep!

17.  Wednesday 6/25 – Anissa and I both really enjoy Christmas including all the related music.  On my way home from work today I couldn’t find anything on the radio.  So I switched to a random CD in my car.  It was the Polar Express soundtrack.  Yes, it is June and I still have Christmas CDs loaded in my car.  And yes, it made me happy and I listened to it all the way home.

16.  Thursday 6/26 – I noticed a lot of people out and about in my neighborhood today.  People were walking, biking, jogging, mowing, trimming, and just sitting on their porch.  This was just the kind of neighborhood we were looking for when we were house hunting last year, and I am so happy with where we landed J

No comments:

Post a Comment