Monday, June 16, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


50 Things that make me happy

On to next 5…

30.  Thursday 6/12 – I went to gym tonight.  There is a “Costume Vault” or year-round “Halloween Express” or something of the like in the strip center, and they have the creepiest mannequins dressed in costumes all along the front windows.  Tonight when I went by the store to get to the gym, the mannequins were lined up holding signs that spelled “W-I-L-L  Y-O-U  M-A-R-R-Y   M-E”.  I would never propose in that way, but I’m sure some lady did like it, because the next day the mannequins’ signs spelled “S-H-E   S-A-I-D   Y-E-S”.  It put a smile on my face, wondering about how this guy had planned out this special proposal, and then it got me thinking about when I proposed to Anissa.  J

29.  Friday 6/13 – Friday the 13th and a full moon!?  Watch out!  On particularly quiet days at work, I often listen to Pandora on my phone.  I’m still old school in that I only listen to personally-cultivated radio stations inspired by very specific artists.  Today, my hip hop/pop-Latin blend station (featuring Pitbull most of the time) was just firing on all cylinders.  It put me in a great mood and made it easier to stick around the whole afternoon even though many others were taking half days.

28.  Saturday 6/14 – Today was my bachelor party.  I had a blast hanging out at the Clippers game and then hitting up my favorite Arena District bar (R Bar) for the rest of the evening.  Nothing wild or crazy, just a really fun night out with the guys!

27.  Sunday 6/15 – Tonight Anissa and I went to Yabo’s for some tacos for dinner.  We were just enjoying ourselves and then the song “Simply Irresistible” by Robert Palmer came on in the restaurant.  Anissa had never seen the music video before, and I had a lot of fun watching her reactions to it.  If you’ve never seen it, do yourself a favor and go to YouTube right now.  (beware, some parts of the video may make you uncomfortable so be careful who’s around when you watch it!)

26.  Monday 6/16 – Today Anissa and I had time after I got home from work to run 2 errands, go to the gym, hit up Kroger for some fresh produce, and cook ourselves a tasty and healthy dinner.  Having the time to do all that, and still have time to relax the rest of the evening is invaluable.  I wish every week night was like this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment