Friday, June 6, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


50 Things that make me happy

On to next 5…

40.  Monday 6/2 – Sunshine!  I was so happy for a break in the weather that was just long enough for Anissa and I to get in our practice session/engagement pictures with our wedding photographer.  And I was very happy with how efficient and professional our photographer was.  She’s pretty awesome.

39.  Tuesday 6/3 – I am happy for guy in the car behind me at the red light just recklessly abandoning all car decorum by flailing around like a fish out of water to whatever song he was listening to.  It reminded me how much I love rocking out in the car.  My earliest memory of doing this was in my Aunt Shelley’s and Uncle Mike’s van when I was 4 or 5.  The song of choice?  Great Balls of Fire!  Such a great memory!

38.  Wednesday 6/4 – Nerd alert!  Learning makes me happy.  A lot of people complain or poke fun at the “touchy-feely” training they have to attend for work.  I really like those kinds of things.  I got to step away from my desk for 2 full days this week to go to a training class, and I totally geeked out over the theory, group sharing, and team-building activities.

37.  Thursday 6/5 – I am happy when I run outside.  I definitely don’t do it enough.  Today the high temperature was 72 with virtually no humidity.  And to top it off, the sky was picture perfect.  Bright blue with the whitest clouds.  It reminded me of the movie “The Truman Show” when he gets to the edge of the set and you see that the world around him was a painted set.  That’s what the sky looked like.  Oh, and I could see the moon at 5pm too.  We live in a pretty cool world.

36.  Friday 6/6 – Pizza!  The fat kid in me just perks up when I know I’m having pizza for dinner.  And I don’t really discriminate.  Take-out, froze, bagel bites, pizza rolls, at-home english muffin homemade pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment