Wednesday, June 11, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


On to next 5…

35.  Saturday 6/7 – Tonight was Anissa’s bachelorette party which meant I had a night to do whatever I wanted.  A few years ago I read the book Moneyball (great read for all you nerdy baseball lovers), and then for my birthday that year Anissa got me the movie.  I had never watched it, so that’s what I decided to do tonight.  I don’t know what it is about baseball movies, but I just love them.  So that brought me happiness.  A quiet night in, just watching a movie that turned out to be quite good.

34.  Sunday 6/8 – Today was kind of a dreary day with off and on rain all day.  Anissa and I had little to do (or at least nothing time sensitive).  We actually were able to take a nap in the middle of the day.  I used to nap every day in college (in fact, I built my class schedule in a way that allowed for a nap every day around 2 or 3.).  We put on some golf and just snoozed until we woke up naturally.  It was wonderful!

33.  Monday 6/9 – I ran 4 miles today.  I haven’t run that far in one day since the middle of March.  Time is a precious commodity this past year.  It felt very good to complete 4 miles – it almost made me wish I had the time to train for another marathon.  Almost.

32.  Tuesday 6/10 – It was a quiet day at work today.  I love what I do, and I work for a great company.  But the quiet, predictable days are few and far between lately.  It made me happy to have some time organize my thoughts and tasks, and put some real think time into what I was doing.

31.  Wednesday 6/11 – Today, Anissa and I finished our last super menial task for the wedding.  All things left to do are fun and interesting.  Tomorrow marks the 1-month mark until we get married, and that makes me VERY happy J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment