Sunday, June 22, 2014

50 Things that make me happy


50 Things that make me happy

On to next 5 (a day late, whoops)…

25.  Tuesday 6/17 – Summer is finally showing up this week, with temperatures pushing into the 90s.  After I got home from the gym this evening I spent some time in the yard watering our plants and flowers.  I take a lot of pride in our yard and it felt good to have some time to maintain it.  Yahoo for having a yard!

24. Wednesday 6/18 – I work in one of several buildings at my company’s campus, and there are security guards that monitoring the traffic in and out of the campus.  Every morning (including this morning) I drive in and one of the guards waves.  Hundreds of people come and go from this campus each day, and the guards are always there waving and greeting everyone.  I really appreciate that.  It sets a good tone for the day.  Sometimes it really is the small things.

23.  Thursday 6/19 – I went to the gym today and I noticed a couple of extremely large women working on some of the machines.  I could tell they were trying to figure out how the machines worked, and what settings were appropriate for them.  I remember my first few trips to a gym, and how awkward I felt trying to understand the movements on each machine, and how much resistance I could handle (and all the while wondering who was watching and judging me).  I still feel that way sometimes.  So I had to give it to these ladies.  I know it took them a lot of courage to come to the gym and start to figure it all out.  Props to them, and thanks for inspiring me.

22.  Friday 6/20 – A few things made me really happy today.  Anissa and I are traveling to Iowa for a cousin’s wedding.  I was very happy that I could take a half day from work without using my PTO.  It made our travel arrangements so much easier knowing I had that flexibility.  What also made me happy was the drive.  Yes, the Midwest is covered in farmland.  But it is really quite breathtaking at times.  Large rivers, valleys, rolling fields, and picturesque skies.  On our last hour of the drive, the sun was setting and it was just incredible.  I couldn’t stop staring.  What could have been a terrible and boring drive actually turned out to be quite pleasant.

21.  Saturday 6/21 – Alas, the purpose of our travels was to see Anissa’s cousin Rebekah tie the knot.  So many things made me happy today.  But I think what struck a chord with me today was watching everyone’s excitement at getting to see each other.  Most of the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. don’t get to see each other all that often.  I really enjoyed catching up with everyone, as well as watching everyone have such a good time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment